Sunday, January 27, 2008

School, cats, and life in general

School is going really good, but I am a bit overwhelmed at times. I am really enjoying the classes,and meeting so many great new people, but there is a ton to do. Besides reading - a Lot - we also have to stay up to date with our laptops. We will be taking all of our tests online, and we have to go online to find our assignments, discussions, calendars, schedules, etc. for each class, as well. I am soooo glad I took an online course last semester, otherwise I wouldn't have much of a clue as to how to work the program. I think what is most difficult is the distance, and living out of my suitcase, literally from day to day. Hoo well, we'll just have to see how it goes...
The cat! I think I really hate this cat, and therefore all siamese in general. Now that we have it indoors, it has absolutely no appreciation whatsoever for what we are doing for it, and therefore does not return any signs of love, or gratitude. Seriously, if it weren't so stinkin' cold, I would totally give it the boot. It will not come up to us and purr, or want to be held. Instead it slinks off at the mere sight of a human being walking through the front door. It will not even come around when we are putting out the food, water, and cleaning the litter box. And can I say, I have never seen a messier pooper! This cat has doesn't even try to keep the litter in the box. I think he/she sees it as a personal challenge to scatter it as far as possible. And I call it "it" because we cannot, for the life of us, tame the beast enough to even attempt to try to find out whether we are dealing with a poor frightened, pitiful, pregnant female - in that case, we would keep so the girls could experience the birth of kittens (something every child should see), or if it's a selfish, prone-to-spray male, in which case I would definitely give it the boot. It's nothing like our last cat, who was a male, but he was such a lover! Seriously, that cat would hug us, and I am positive he tried to talk to us, and he was so appreciative of food, constantly talking and purring, and letting us know he totally preferred the more expensive soft, canned cat food. But alas, he is gone and we are stuck with this difficult, wild thing. Do you have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Uhm, speaking as one who has four cats in the house - get rid of this one. The pound, the human society or the electric chair. It sounds like this particular stray of yours has been wild for most of it's life and probably won't care much to be around people. Get rid of the little monster asap!

Anonymous said...

And I meant to say HUMANE society, not human society. A good chunk of human society should be in the pound too but we won't get into that.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.