Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Second Day on the Job

Well, today is day two for Barry at his new job. I think he is a bit on overload these days. It doesn't help that he showed up during Wall Drug's busiest two weeks of the year. One of the owners asked him if he "could hit the ground running even though there is no one there to tell him what to do." Barry said "sure, but if you see me running in circles, feel free to reach out and grab an arm, straighten me out, and send me on my way again." Too funny! I hope he likes it there. He's been self-employed for 17 years, so this is a huge change! And I think I'm going to miss working with him every day. Who would have thought?
The scrimmage went well the other night. Kianna fast pitched four innings and did very well. She looks good out there and was consistent. Plus, we won, so that makes it fun for everyone. We didn't let the girls steal bases, yet, but they start doing that the next game. Woo Hoo! This is a new thing for the area. We're the only region in the state that still does slow pitch, so it may take a while for this change to take a good hold. Plus, it will open up opportunities for girls for college and scholarships, etc. Katlin got to play since we were short one of our older girls, and she even got on base a couple of times. Oh! Poor Ki! She was working at it last night with one of the other girls and got nailed in the cheek. Today she has a swollen, black eye.

7 comments:

Crazy Me said...

Oh ouch ... a black eye! That so beyond sucks!! You'll have to post a picture for posterity! LOL! Poor thing.

Sherry said...

When I grew up, softball was just softball. Or maybe I just never cared enough to know if it was slow or fast, LOL!

Sounds like your hubby has a great sense of humor! Hope you are getting along well without him during the day.

Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

I know! I didn't even know how to play when I first got married, and now they've got me taking this crash course coaching! Ha! Believe me, I have learned a lot!

Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

oh, thanks! He does, and actually, we're missing each other a lot. Crazy! This is hard.

willotoons said...

hi beautiful! so fun you have a blog now - yay!! I will bookmark your RSS feed! xo

OneHungMan said...

OneHung has a feeling a little girl with a black eye is still cute.

OneHungMan said...

Hi. Do you mind if OneHung posts a link to your blog from his? You're hot and your little girls are painfully cute and OneHung thinks some of his readers would appreciate the link.