Sunday, July 1, 2007

Getting Away for a Moment

Hello, hello!

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to visit my blog. I promise I am getting to yours. We've been running around like crazy, so I'll soon be finding the time!

Last night we went to a friend's wedding in Deadwood, gambling capital of South Dakota, which was a nice get away for us. I didn't want to leave the Black Hills. It smelled like pine trees and fresh mountain air. Yummy! It was hard to come back to all of the chaos when everything seemed so serence and perfect in 'The Hills.' Deadwood is filled with great history and entertainment. I've included a link. (though I can't quite figure out how to make it active for ya.)

http://www.deadwood.org/

I coach girls softball, and tonight is our first fast pitch 'scrimmage' against another team. We've alwasy been a slow pitch team, so this is a new and exciting change for us. Kianna will be pitching tonight! Should be fun.

Afterwards we're out to Lake Waggoner for a fireworks display, put on every year by our own local volunteer fire department, and they do a fantastic job!

Barry start his new job tomorrow. I am excited and a little bit nervous for him. This is a completely new position at Wall Drug and they are creating it as they go. Plus, they are way behind in signs right now, so he is going to be swamped with that as well as getting his building built to shop specifications, getting supplies in, and so much more! I'm a little nervous, too, 'cause we still haven't found a place to live in Wall, yet. I'm sure it will all work out, though. I am an optomist. Here is a link to Wall Drug, the place he will be working for. The first picture you will see is of an actual sign we painted on location, on the interstate.

http://www.walldrug.com/

2 comments:

OneHungMan said...

Take your time visiting blogs...it's not like anyone is going anywhere anytime soon.

Crazy Me said...

I wish we had the beautiful Black Hills here but nooooooo, we have crappy rain and smog! Oh well, I'll be back up to visit soon!!