Friday, July 6, 2007

A Golden Time Gone?

I am missing my hon. Barry's first work week is almost up and he's still going at it, but I didn't expect to miss him so much. I sort of thought I would enjoy having a little time to myself, since we used to do everything together 24/7 - seriously, we're together almost daily, except when I'm at Guards for the past 14 years now. As for me, it's just been paperwork and cleaning the entire week. Not my favorite thing. Ugh!
Today I am paying bills and working on my taxes. What fun! Not! It's starting to hit me that we had been living in a golden moment; everything is going to be so different with me in school this Fall, him working regular hours, and the girls back in school. The girls even asked him when they would be able to come with him to work. :( I think we all took it for granted that we could come and go as we pleased. Anyway, it's going well enough; it's just so different. We'll have to give it some time, and we'll all adjust, I am sure, right?

2 comments:

Crazy Me said...

Awww ... I'm sorry you're struggling with the alone time. It gets easier, believe me. We go through this every summer with my boy's hours and there's always an adjustment for me when they slow back down and we have lots of togetherness. You'll be fine and sometimes it's nice to miss the one you love!

nanrasor said...

Hang in there! You are living in a golden moment right now! Things change all the time, be flexible and enjoy your time alone, that is golden in itself!!